SEXUAL ADDICTION GROUPS – SEXUAL ADDICTION AND FACING YOUR FEARS
Sexual Addiction Groups – Sexual Addiction and Facing Your Fears
For Addicts and Partners
Are you in jeopardy of losing your marriage, your home, your reputation? Are you ridden with guilt about your behaviors? Are you often ashamed and feeling out of control about your behaviors, thinking and actions?
The growth of the population facing addiction or compulsive sexual behaviors is multiplying faster then even professionals predicted. Affairs, pornography, strip clubs and dating sights to find “hook ups” are destroying relationships with the guilt and mistrust these behaviors create. The families ado face the financial burden of the addiction and/or the possibility of divorce.
Using the concepts of my Facing Your Fears Program, I am offering addicts and their partner’s educational/ support group experiences to:
- Understand the dynamics of compulsive sexual behaviors such as how they develop and why they are so addictive
- Learn about the addictive cycle and how to begin breaking those patterns
- The role guilt plays for both the addict and his partner
- Define and understand co dependency and how that interferes with recovery and individuation of each partner
- The importance of setting goals to replace the negative behaviors
- Support of peers that find themselves in similar situations- believe me, you are not alone
- Reestablishing trust and belief in oneself and your partner
Group Leader: Janet Whitney LMFT since 1982, personally trained by John Gray author of Men are From Mars, Women are from Venus and former owner of a sexual addiction treatment program.
For more information, use our Contact Page or call Janet at 949-677-9280.